Marketing Australian Plants Internationally
WHO ARE KOALA BLOOMS?
Koala Blooms is an Australian-owned company which markets Australian plants internationally. Koala Blooms was formed in 1989 as a result of marketing research undertaken in Europe and U.S.A.
The following aspects highlighted the need for Koala Blooms to be formed:
- Demand existed worldwide for plants new to the horticultural industry.
- Australian plants had proved successful in overseas markets but foreign companies were involved, with little or no return for the Australian horticultural industry.
- There was no Australian company to develop and market Australian plants as export products.
- The international image of Australia was positive and advantageous in marketing Australian plants.
- There was not much cultural knowledge on Australian plants as propagation and growing protocols were not provided.
Koala Blooms was set up to provide a structure enabling Australian plants to be marketed in international markets by Australians, with benefits flowing
ISHS members & pay-per-view
(PDF 330126 bytes)
IPPS membership administration
ISHS membership administration