DISCUSSION GROUP REPORTS GROUP C. BENCH GRAFTING
The Chairman opened the discussion by giving a list of subjects for which bench grafting was particularly important, either because they were difficult to root by other means or because, when raised from seed, they might produce very poor forms. The list included -
- Acer, particularly A. palmatum 'Dissectum' forms
- Berbis x lologensis
- Betula spp.
- Cedrus atlantica 'Glauca'
- Cytisus battandierilac cuttings.
- Fagus spp.
- Malus spp. (a useful way to build up stock).
- Picea pungens 'Koster'
- Pinua spp.
- Prunus spp.
- Rhododendron> spp.
- Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia'
- Rosa spp. especially Rosa 'Mermaid'.
ISHS members & pay-per-view
(PDF 239034 bytes)
IPPS membership administration
ISHS membership administration